Sunday, October 25, 2009

Window of Opportunity


Everybody's so quick to tell me what I can't do. "You're not hoopin' anymore? So what you going to do?" Like that's all I was good at. Nobody cared about how I felt, about what was really in my heart. But it's cool, they don't matter anyway, all that matters is me.


I watch the world from a distance, if I get too close I'll become disgusted with all the phony and fake actions of those living in it, and therefore will not be able to control my actions. I analyze their movements and their speech, and to me it sounds so different than what I'm used to. So many lies, so many assumptions about other people's life without genuinely getting to know the people whom they discuss. It's crazy! The world is confusing to me, and in return the world gets amusement from me. So many people watch my life as a guideline for the way they live, as the blueprint for how they should handle things, when I simply just live my life.


Everybody has their opinion on my life and how I live, when I never understood why. Why is my life of such importance to everybody? Females try to decipher my thoughts, but even if I told em everything they'd understand nothing. They all know whats best for me, or atleast they think they do.


I find myself staring out this window a lot, trying to wrap my brain around this thing called life. I know what I want to do, but I'm so tired of everybody telling me what I should do. I've been living for me, but I've been living partially. It's time to really live for me and for the moment.


Now when I look at this window, I don't concern myself with the people at the bottom of it, I see everything that I've ever wanted. All my dreams are within reach. The scariest part about reaching out the window in pursuit of your dreams, is the possibility of falling face first towards the ground. I'm not worried about it though. This is my window of opportunity and I'm not gonna let it slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment